Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Lessons Learned from my son Luke

Many of you have met my son Luke.  He is our oldest son and turned 14 this year.  He is a lot of fun and many of you have been impacted by his life as I have.  It is amazing how much God has taught me through Luke's life.  God teaches me a lot about his Son Jesus through my son Luke.

If you know Luke you know he has his own pace.  He enjoys life and laughs a lot.  One thing God has been teaching me through my son Luke is learning to enjoy life.  How often we are so busy running and doing life that we forget to stop and enjoy it.  God gave us life to enjoy.  First we are to enjoy God and all he has created.

Luke is easily distracted and enjoys people.  Although he can't communicate as well as he would like he loves to be around people and listen and be a part of everything.  He walks at his own pace and doesn't rush anything.  Sometimes this can be frustrating and a challenge.  But God is also teaching me that I need to be like this as well.  I need to slow down and enjoy God and his beautiful creations all around me.  God continually reminds me of this passage from Psalms that says: "Be still and know that I am God."  Why is it that this is so difficult?

We often confuse holiness with busyness.  We think God wants us to continually be busy and I don't think that is what God intended for any of us.  He created us to serve and work but not for continual busyness.  Sometimes we need to stop and enjoy those things that will last for eternity.  God and his people.

Let's all be a little more like Luke and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment